Chaitra Navratriis a popular nine-day Hindu festival that falls in the month of Chaitra (March/April) according to the Hindu lunar calendar. The festival celebrates the worship of the Hindu goddess Durga. Chaitra Navratri 2023 is expected to begin on Wednesday, 22nd March 2023, and end on Friday, 31st March 2023.
Everything about Chaitra Navratri 2023
Clay Durga idols are placed in homes and pandals (temporary constructions) throughout the city to mark the start of the festival. People assemble around the idols, exquisitely dressed with flowers, clothing, and jewelry, to pray and ask for favors. Typically, the pandals are festively decorated and beautifully lighted with ornaments and lights.
During the first three days of Navratri, worshippers worship the goddess as Durga, a fierce and mighty warrior who fights evil and defends her followers. The following three days are devoted to Lakshmi, the goddess of riches and prosperity who bestows temporal and spiritual wealth upon her worshippers. The final three days are dedicated to Saraswati, the goddess of study, art, and knowledge who contributes creativity and wisdom to her worshippers.
The final day of Navratri is known as Ram Navami in various regions of India. The Hindu god Vishnu's seventh avatar, Ram, celebrates his birthday on Ram Navami, the final day of Chaitra Navratri. In Ayodhya, King Dasharatha and Queen Kausalya gave birth to Lord Ram.
Significance of colors during the 9 days of Navratri
- Day 1 of the Royal Blue Navratri Temple Decorating The color of Navratri is royal blue. So use the blue navratri color scheme to give your navratri mandir decorating a light and upbeat vibe. As we have discussed, without flowers, decoration is lacking.
- Mandir Decorating in Yellow for Navratri Day 2 What could be a finer navratri mandir decoration item than marigold flowers? Chaitra Navratri's color is yellow.
- Green is the color of Day 3 of Navratri, as seen in the mandir decorations. Today, you might choose a classic Ashoka/mango leaf Navratri mandir decoration motif. Mango leaves and marigold flowers can create a toran, which can then be hung on the mandir entrance.
- Mandir Decorating in Grey for Navratri: Day 4 Grey is the color of Navratri. You can make the mandap for this day utilizing mirror work cloth rather than the grey color that is traditionally used for mandir decoration.
- Orange Navratri Temple Decor: The Navratri color for Day 5 is a zesty orange. To decorate the mandir mandap on Navratri Day 7, make a long strand of orange and yellow marigold flowers and shape it like a temple.
- Day 6 of the White Navratri Color in 2023 White is the Chaitra Navratri color for 2023, and the ideal method to decorate the Navratri mandir is with a floral arrangement.
- Mandir Decorating in Red for Navratri: Day 7 Red is a beautiful color for Chaitra Navratri. The vivacity of the color red is linked to the goddess Devi. Fresh roses and a giant "OM" symbol can be used as part of your Navratri mandir decorating, or you can use red chunari or a dupatta to set up the background of your mandir.
- Day 8's Navratri color is sky blue. Sky blue is the color of Sharad Navratri. Here is another Navratri mandir decoration design using sky-blue drapes to make a stunning mandap.
- Day 9: Pink Navratri Color Beautiful Pink is the Chaitra Navratri color for 2023. Use your imagination to create handicrafts or DIY wall hangings with pink and contrasting Navratri colors to add a unique touch to your Navratri mandir design.